August was a busy month for us. Mike graduated school on August 4th, which is just crazy and doesn't seem real. Going back to school has been a long road. The following week we went camping with my Dad's side of the family up to the Uinta lands which is just beautiful! The day after we got back from camping we headed to Oregon for Mike's dad's retirement party. Which was on Dax's 2 bday! While we were there decided that we would drive to Portland and look for jobs. The day after the retirement party my sweet 96 yr old Grandma slipped, hit her head, and went into a coma. She passed away 3 days later. We headed back to Utah for her funeral. I had a very dear relationship with my grandma, I cleaned her house every other week for 10 yrs. The neat thing about her is I always felt like I was her favorite grandchild, in fact she told me that a number of times. Come to find out at her funeral, I wasn't the only grandchild she had told that to! After the initial shock, and jealously, :) it made me realize just how big my grammy's heart was. She had 24 grandchildren, we were all her favorites, and we felt that! I love her so much and she will be missed by many.
Now we're trying to figure out where to move. We're looking at Portland, Phoenix, Vegas, here, pretty much where ever we can get a job. So we'll keep you posted! Here's some pics of the month
Mike with most of his classmates
Taylor in the Uinta lands on a tire swing my grandpa made when I was a kid
Dax same place
Camping when Chase told of how 4 people can lift someone with two fingers if they first swipe their hands over the persons head. We gave him a hard time for that, but it turned out pretty funny! They did it to my uncle.
Dax LOVES his Uncle Chase!
Beautiful place by Mirror Lake called Christmas Meadows
My cute grandma who owns the property we camped at.
My 96 yr old Grammy who just passed away, holding Taylor when she was about 1.

7 comments:
Congratulations to Mike! That's exciting! We'd love to have you guys down here in AZ. Happy Birthday to Dax! So sorry to hear about your grandma.
I think I remember going swimming at your grandma's. I'm so sorry to hear she passed away. That's always hard. I remember thinking she was such a sweet lady though. It looks like it's been a really busy month for you guys. So glad that your done with school. I wish we could say the same! Good luck with the job search. I can't wait to see where you guys end up. Maybe you should check out NY while your at it. ;) I'll need some friends.
Mike!!!! Elbow drop from the top rope on school's head! Beauty!
Brit I remember sitting at you granny's house while you cleaned... what a great sweet lady.
Hey there,
I ran across your blog through Rachel and Justins. Tell Mike hello from the Chamberlain's and congrats on his BSN. That's a huge accomplishment. Sorry to hear about your grandma. Sounds like she was a neat lady. Anyway, hope you don't mind me sneaking a peak into your world. You guys have a beautiful family and I hope everything works out for you. Toby and I have a blog as well and I have it as private but if you are interested in reading just email me and I will add you to the list.
Oh ya, It would probably help if I gave you my email address, it's pooterfly@hotmail.com if you're interested. :-)
Yay Brit I'm so excited for your next little one!!! Do you know what it is yet?
You have the cutest family
That's so exciting that your having another baby! Brandon and I are trying again, it's really soon but I am an oldie. Hope everything is going well for you and your family.
Post a Comment