Apr 22, 2009

HE GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!

Scratch the last post about Mike not getting in to the U accelerated nursing program-- he got in! About a week or so ago Mike wrote an appeal letter to the dean of admissions. They just called us about an hour ago and told him they were offering him a seat in their program!!!! We're both in shock! We were on our way to buy Taylor a little pool at Walmart when they called and I don't think Mike even remembers how he got the rest of the way to the store or how he got the pool once in the store. Anyway, he starts May 22nd and it's a 16 month program and when he is finished he will have a Bachelors in Nursing! I am so super proud of him, he has sacrificed a ton working to get into this program the last two years. Working two crap jobs one to make sure his family had insurance and the other to get experience in nursing. What an amazing man I've married! (whether he'd gotten in or not)

The Happy Man!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOOOO HOOOO! Mike, you are the man! I am so proud of you bud! That is so rad! You and Brit deserve this as much as anyone I have ever met. Good luck and smack that nursing program in the teeth!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike!!! We are so happy for you.

Unknown said...

MIKE!! Congratulations!! I know it is so difficult to get into this so way to go!! And Britt you are so super sweet! I am so happy for both of you!!